Baltic Society of Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance (BSCMR) was established in EuroCMR 2016 meeting, Florence, ITALY, 12-14 May.
Prof. Nomeda Valeviciene was elected as the 1st President of BSCMR.
BSCMR has already organised 3 international meetings:
- 1st meeting of Baltic Society of Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance, September 16, 2016, Klaipeda, Lithuania
- 2nd meeting of Baltic Society of Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance, September 15, 2017, Klaipeda, Lithuania
- 3rd meeting of Baltic Society of Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance, September 7, 2018, Rīga, Latvija.
Main aims and tasks of Baltic Society of Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance are:
- unite its members (cardiologists, radiologists, nurses etc.) in solving the problems of magnetic resonance imaging, hardware, software and medical physics; investigating professional, social and ethical issues, coordinating the activities of the members of the BSCMR.
- maximize the creative potential of the members of the BSCMR in the development of magnetic resonance imaging of the heart.
- participates in the preparation of normative acts and other guidance documents regulating the preparation, work and qualification improvement of the members of the BSCMR on a regional basis.
- organize scientific congresses, conferences, symposiums, etc. events with other associations, societies, organizations and universities.
- announce the scientific work and achievements of the members of the BSCMR in the medical and other periodicals, publish the materials and other publications of scientific congresses, symposiums and practical conferences organized by the BSCMR.
- provide priority directions for development of cardiac magnetic resonance and coordinate development of these directions.
- participate in the qualification of the members of the BSCMR.
- cooperate with the Lithuanian Doctors Union and other Lithuanian and foreign professional, social and scientific societies, associations and represent the interests of members of the BSCMR.